Organizations working for the betterment of Calhoun, Gilmer, and Wirt counties recently received more than $48,000 in grant support from the Parkersburg Area Community Foundation (PACF) and its Little Kanawha Area Community Foundation (LKACF) affiliate through their competitive Community Action Grants Program. The fall 2022 grant recipients include:
- Catholic Charities of WV - $12,675 from the PACF for the Mobile WellnessWorks food pantry.
- Arnoldsburg Volunteer Fire Department - $7,451 to purchase water rescue equipment. ($6,701 from the PACF and $750 from the LKACF)
- Gilmer County Ambulance Service - $4,500 to purchase portable Laerdal Suction Units for each ambulance in the fleet. ($4,000 from PACF and $500 from the LKACF)
- Gilmer County Family Resource Network - $10,000 from the PACF for operating support.
- Grantsville Conservatory of Music and Fine Arts - $7,150 to purchase equipment needed for music instruction. ($6,500 from the PACF and $650 from the LKACF)
- Minnie Hamilton Health Care Center - $4,700 equip the community education room at the new Arnoldsburg Clinic. ($4,050 from the PACF and $650 from the LKACF)
- Mid-Ohio Valley Health Department - $2,250 to help prevent chronic disease through lifestyle changes. ($1,000 from the PACF and $1,250 from the LKACF)
“We are pleased to be able to support these important organizations in the Little Kanawha Area as they work to improve their facilities, equipment, and programs,” said Fred Rader, PACF's Associate Director. “We know that these groups work hard every day to help individuals and to serve their communities.”
The PACF and LKACF awards grants from a variety of funds created by individuals, organizations, and area businesses to support critical community needs. To learn more about the Foundations' grant program, please visit www.pacfwv.com/grants or call 304-428-4438.