Consider a career with purpose! The Parkersburg Area Community Foundation & Regional Affiliates is a highly regarded and widely supported public charity that serves as the hub for meaningful philanthropy for 11 counties in West Virginia and Ohio. Our team has the expertise and knowledge to help individuals, businesses, and families make a meaningful difference in our community now and forever.
Grants Program Management
- Coordinates programs for competitive grantmaking and for select field of interest and donor advised funds.
- Serves as staff liaison to PACF and affiliate grants committees and various grant advisory committees, supporting all aspects of their work.
- Supervises the Program Officer for Scholarships and Grants in the area of grants program-related tasks.
- Develops and updates grant guidelines, application forms, and grants management policies.
- Researches and reviews grant proposals received and presents grant requests to various committees for review and consideration.
- Conducts site visits to evaluate applications to the Foundation for support and to assess use of awarded grants.
- Consults with prospective grantees and assists them in their interactions with the Foundation in order to maximize their understanding of the Foundation’s grantmaking programs and the grantmaking process.
- Manages special grant programs when appropriate.
- Recommends, approves, and distributes Foundation grants in conformance with fund agreements and in accordance with all policies, procedures, and statutes governing grants in accordance with staff authority granted by the Foundation board.
- Nurtures relationships with donor advised fund contacts to support the Foundation’s grantmaking and individual donor-advised fund grantmaking.
- Monitors grants in progress and reviews completed grants to determine if they have achieved their purposes and to assess Foundation impact on the region.
- Produces reports for other funders that are required of PACF for grants that PACF receives.
Community Leadership Initiatives
- Provides support for the identification and implementation of Foundation initiatives – including strengthening regional philanthropy through the affiliate program, nonprofit capacity building, and civic leadership programs.
- Actively networks, listens, and links community opportunities to individuals and groups with financial resources who can bring about change and advance community goals.
- Builds relationships with and between donors, nonprofits, and community partners to drive Foundation impact.
- Provides outreach to the nonprofit community and other public and private organizations to develop partnerships to strengthen the region.
- Maintains a working knowledge of current community trends, needs, and opportunities.
- Develops and maintains relationships and strategic alliances with local, regional, and national grantmaking organizations.
- Professionally represents the Foundation by serving on various community and statewide committees and attending community events.
Public and Internal Relations
- Develops and coordinates public relations and produces communications materials (such as, but not limited to, the Grants Program e-newsletter and donor communications), related to the Foundation’s grant programs, including those of the affiliates.
- Provides periodic reports to the Executive Director, the PACF Board, and affiliate advisory boards on matters related to grant program activities and results.
- Works as a collaborative team member of the Foundation staff to accomplish the goals of the organization, calling upon the resources of other staff members as necessary and appropriate to accomplish the duties of the position.
- Provides a monthly report to the Executive Director providing documentation of accomplishments for the period and information regarding any needs for the Executive Director or Board’s attention.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Executive Director.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $68,000.00 per year
Benefits: Health savings account, Life insurance, Paid time off, Retirement plan
Schedule: 8 hour shift; Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate: Parkersburg, WV 26101: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Experience: program officer, nonprofit management or related: 3 years (Preferred)