Consider a career with purpose! The Parkersburg Area Community Foundation & Regional Affiliates is a highly regarded and widely supported public charity that serves as the hub for meaningful philanthropy for 11 counties in West Virginia and Ohio. Our team has the expertise and knowledge to help individuals, businesses, and families make a meaningful difference in our community now and forever.
We seek that person who:
- Will lead PACF’s scholarship program in a sensitive and compassionate manner with objectivity and confidentiality;
- Appreciates the value of education and is passionate about helping others to attain it;
- Delivers outstanding customer service and is dedicated to excellence;
- Is well-organized with strong project management skills and gives rigorous attention to details and impeccable attention to accuracy;
- Is a self-starter who takes initiative and can multitask, prioritize, set and meet deadlines;
- Demonstrates proficiency in MsOffice® (Excel®, Word,® Powerpoint®) and is eager to learn new software to create and process applications, work with databases fluently, create reports, gather data and process awards (training to be provided in PACF’s C-Suite software, Scholarships and Grants Lifecycle platforms);
- Can build productive relationships and manage volunteer teams, persist in follow up and interact professionally with a variety of individuals, representing the Foundation with integrity;
- Is a supportive team member, works effectively and collaboratively with other staff; and
- Communicates effectively and appropriately in all forms and is comfortable with public speaking, creating and delivering training and presenting awards.
- Bachelor’s degree (variety of fields will be considered), or
- Associate’s degree with related work or volunteer experience (in environments involving strong attention to details or use of application processes, ex.: education, financial services, banking, etc.)
- Entry level professional (trainee), 70% scholarships focus, 30% grants
- Full time non-exempt (37.5 hour work week Monday-Friday)
- In-office at Parkersburg WV headquarters (non-remote)
- Periodic travel within an 11-county region; limited evening/weekend meetings; overnight travel possible for training/conferences
- Valid driver’s license and reliable personal transportation required
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
The PACF provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, creed, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
For position description/more details and to apply, click here: Full Description: Program Officer – Scholarships and Grants
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis upon receipt.
Please send a letter of inquiry by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 5, 2022. In your letter, please outline your qualifications for the position and why it is of interest to you. Please send a current resume as an attachment. If you are selected for further consideration, references will be required.