Investing in deserving students: When you create a Scholarship Fund through the PACF, you invest in your community’s future and show students that you care.
How it works:
- We work with you to address your charitable and financial intentions.
- Our professional staff will help you determine the eligibility and selection criteria for the scholarship fund.
- We assist in the development of a fund agreement, which establishes the fund, the purpose of the fund and the name of the fund.
- You make a gift to the Parkersburg Area Community Foundation — you can give cash, appreciated stocks, real estate, or other assets.
- You receive tax benefits in the year your gift is made.
- We handle all the administrative details and issue scholarships to eligible students in the name of the fund.
- Your gift will be placed into permanent endowment, meaning it will be invested over time and the earnings from your fund are used to award scholarships. Your gift is a permanent source of community capital.
Get our Scholarship Fund Fact Sheet for more information.
To learn more about establishing an Agency Endowment Fund with the Foundation. 304.428.4438
When Herschel Pifer passed away, his core values were obvious. In his estate were gifts to his family, his church, and to the young people of his community. The Herschel H. Pifer Scholarship Fund was created from a gift he left to the PACF and it made its first award in 2008.