Organizations working for the betterment of Doddridge County recently received more than $28,000 in grant support from the Parkersburg Area Community Foundation (PACF) and its Doddridge County Community Foundation (DCCF) affiliate through their competitive Community Action Grants Program. The fall 2022 grant recipients include:
- Nazareth Farm - $9,000 to assist with home repairs in Ritchie and Doddridge counties. ($2,500 from the DCCF, with support from the EQT Foundation, $500 from the Ritchie County Community Foundation (RCCF), and $6,000 from the PACF)
- Doddridge County Family Resource Network - $2,100 to support Caught Volunteering, a summer program to encourage youth to volunteer in the community. ($1,050 from the DCCF and $1,050 from the PACF)
- Doddridge County Humane Society - $3,369 from the PACF to purchase a storage shed for equipment.
- Doddridge County Middle School - $1,533 from the PACF to purchase materials for programs supporting student success.
- Sleep in Heavenly Peace - $5,000 to purchase materials to build and deliver beds to children in need in Ritchie and Doddridge counties. ($500 from the RCCF, $1,000 from the DCCF, and $3,500 from the PACF)
- Catholic Charities West Virginia - $12,675 to support the Mobile Wellness Works food pantry. ($1,575 from the DCCF, $500 from the RCCF, and $10,600 from the PACF)
“We are so grateful to Nazareth Farm for their continual commitment to helping Doddridge and Ritchie County residents with home repairs,” said Ellen Rossi, President, EQT Foundation. “In these times of increasing home costs, having a community partner able to lend a hand provides comfort and security to many. Thank you to the Doddridge County Community Foundation for their facilitation of this grant.”
The PACF and DCCF awards grants from a variety of funds created by individuals, organizations, and area businesses to support critical community needs. To learn more about the Foundations' grant program, please visit www.pacfwv.com/grants or call 304-428-4438.