The Board of Directors of the Parkersburg Area Community Foundation & Regional Affiliates (PACF) recently held its Annual Meeting, opening its 60th year of service to the Mid-Ohio Valley with a special strategic planning program for its Board, to help guide its work for the next three years.
Judy Sjostedt Ritchie, Executive Director of the PACF since 1999, provided a State of the State briefing for the Board, noting some of the PACF’s highlights of its last year, including:
- Awarding more than $3.6M in grants for a wide array of charitable causes throughout the region;
- Receiving more than $8.9M in new gifts and grants;
- Receiving new Legacy – Planned Gift commitments;
- Being successfully re-accredited under the National Standards for Community Foundations;
- Receiving a “clean” and unqualified opinion on its annual independent audit from Suttle & Stalnaker;
- In partnership with the Bernard McDonough Foundation, distributing resources supplied by the City of Parkersburg through its American Rescue Plan Act allocation to benefit local nonprofits;
- Having another record “Give Local MOV” event for more than 60 area organizations;
- Continuing to have a successful Civic Leaders Fellowship Program, helping to retain our region’s next generation; and
- Having a team of its Board members and volunteers receive the Governor’s Service Award for 2022.
Outgoing Board Chairperson, Robert “Bob” Wright, and incoming Board Chairperson, Marie Caltrider, recognized four Board members who were retiring from the PACF Board of Directors:
- Randy Dick
- Chuck Hughes
- Dr. Mansoor Matcheswalla
- Donna Smith
In addition, long-time emeritus Board member, James “Jim” Crews, a key leader in the growth of the PACF for decades, was honored for his service and assistance to the staff with the Foundation’s facility needs by the naming of the PACF administrative wing of its office in his honor. A sketch of Jim, by former Board member and volunteer, Ron Salter, was hung on the wall in that wing of its building.
Those present at the Annual Meeting participated in a special exercise to reflect upon the PACF’s organizational values and it was announced that the Foundation would celebrate a year of special activities starting in early 2023 to recognize its 60th Anniversary Year.
For a full list of the PACF’s Board of Directors, upcoming 60th Anniversary activities, and other news, please continue to explore the Foundation’s website.