The Don Fosselman Scholarship Fund is a permanent fund of the Parkersburg Area Community Foundation (PACF). The principal will always remain intact and invested, forever. Annually, scholarships will be awarded from a portion of the fund's earnings to support PHS soccer players. Each year, one male student will receive the Don Fosselman Scholarship. Recipients of the scholarship must be graduating PHS seniors who actively participated in varsity PHS soccer during their senior year. Recipients must have a 3.0 GPA. Selection will also be based on community service, leadership, character, active citizenship, and overall work ethic and academic performance.
Coach Don Fosselman Accomplishments
• Started the PHS Boys Soccer in 1988
• Helped start competitive soccer in WV
• Successfully coached 32 winning seasons
• Won more than 500 individual games
• Lead his team to victory at 6 state championships; 4 state runner-ups; 1 state semi-finals; 11 regional championships; 27 sectional championships; and 13 MSAC championships
• 1997, 1999, 2001, and 2006 Regional Coach of the Year
• 2003 and 2008 WV State Coach of the Year
• 2004 MSAC Coach of the Year
• 2003 and 2016 NFHS Coach of the Year
• Assisted 150 individuals successfully pursue soccer at a collegiate level, including 1 professional soccer player, Zak Boggs, New England Revolution.